Thursday, May 22, 2014

Now You're Concerned About Your Child?

This school year is almost complete.  I've experienced a sense of accomplishment for my kiddies as well as myself.  As a stay at home mom, my job is my kids.  When they start to decline in school subjects, I do what I need to do to get them back on track.  My daughters teacher notified me that she was struggling one semester on her math, I took care of it.  She was in tutoring in 2 days after I was notified.  It was my job to identify that the help that I was giving her at home wasn't working.

In my opinion, there shouldn't be any excuse for your child to fail a grade level...especially being a stay at home mom.  Several people I've had conversations with this week are now showing concern because they've been notified that their child is being held back.  Where was the concern during the beginning of the year when their child's grades were low? Parents need to understand that teachers are teachers, not babysitters....THATS IT! It's your job as a parent to implement the tools from the teacher and get to work.  If this means tutoring and not allowing your child to play after school then that's what needs to be done.  Work comes before play is what I tell my kids, they understand.  All the things that I wanted to say to this person about her child being in the same grade next year is her fault.  She says, "I hate this school!"  No, you should hate yourself!  It's obvious that the child was struggling way before now.  It's not the teachers nor the schools fault for not buckling down, it's your fault!  Maybe next school year, she'll be more on top of her child's schoolwork.  If not, he'll back in the position next year as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment