Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Reason, Season or Lifetime......

It so amazing to me as I sit and think of how everything that happens in life has a purpose.  You may never know that purpose in most cases but it still gets you to wondering.  I was having a conversation earlier and I was told that were all like ships, and we meet people along the way.  Sometimes the ship stops, but in the end life still goes on.

One incident that has been on my mind today is a friend that I met recently.  It was only for a short period of time, but I think I was put at the same location at that moment for a reason.  I felt like God wanted me to guide her in the direction that she knew she already needed to go.  Sometimes in life, it's always good to just stop and listen.  I felt that she craved the attention that I gave her and that was just to listen.  You don't always have to help and find a solution to others problems.  She just needed an ear and a shoulder to cry on.  We all have busy lives but you have to know when to just slow it down for a minute.  You just might be saving someone's life by just being there for them, showing them that you actually care!

The saying that comes to mind is "People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime." When people come into your life for a SEASON, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.  Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person/people (anyway); and put what you have learned to use.  I'm glad to say that I was at the right place at the right time to be able to listen, encourage and give strength to someone who just needed a little energizer boost in this thing called life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment