Thursday, May 15, 2014

Do You Have A Unhealthy Relationship?

So, I'm at the orthodontist appointment.  If any of you experienced braces know what an appointment consist of.  I was so ready to go home and take some ibuprofen.  My phone rings and on the other end was an associate trying to play catch up because I haven't talked to her in almost month.  To make the long story short she asked if I could pick her up so she could go to Walmart with me.  Even though I wasn't planning on driving past Walmart to pick her up and go back, I decided to get her.  First issue I had was I was sitting in my car waiting for her to come out, even when I called and notified that I was waiting for her.  When I was gathering my groceries in my truck, she then ask "can you take me to my uncles house, he has high blood pressure."  Well, I'm not a nurse but I do know that 120 isn't a HBP.  I politely told her "I don't really feel like driving that far, but I'll take you!"

On my drive home, I got to thinking (since it was clear across town).  Some people always seem to have some type issues going on.  They never just seem to be at a stand still, and everything is going great.  This happens to be one of those type of people.  There's a reason that my phone never seems to ring when she call me.  Even my phone hates hearing such dramatic people on the phone.

In life, you have to weed out negative relationships.  Those people who drain us of energy, demand more than they can provide, pull us down instead of push us forward, and can turn the happiest of moments into a miserable affair.

Unhealthy relationships usually:

  • take more energy than it gives
  • Usually the one doing all of the giving
  • Everything is about them and never about you
  • You find yourself unable to enjoy good moments with this person
“It is necessary, and even vital, to set standards for your life and the people you allow in it.” 






No comments:

Post a Comment