Tuesday, May 13, 2014

How my Childhood Changed Me As a Parent Today?

My childhood has had huge impact on how I raise my kids.  I've seen a lot of abuse and negativity while growing up.  I made a vow to myself that my kids will never experience none of the things that I went through.  My childhood was nothing to brag about.  Being raised by both parents sometimes isn't always grand.  Folk may say, "well at least you had both parents."  That comment can be burned.  No child, I repeat, no child should see emotional and physical abuse day in and day out.  I honestly think we suffered so much that we should've gotten some counseling. 
This vow I made to myself for my unborn children is to never put them in any situation where they feel lost.  Confused in life, feeling like they have no where to go out no one to talk to.  Always making sure they're happy before leaving out to school.  To always see happy moments with their parents, no violence!
Things aren't always what they seem.  On the outside, it appeared as this lovely happy family.  But on the inside, it was far from that happy family that was perceived from others!

How has your childhood changed you as a parent?

No comments:

Post a Comment