Thursday, May 15, 2014

Interacting With Your Toddler....

Interacting with your to toddler is the best form for their learning.  The other day, I babysat a 3 year old who never really speaks when he's at home.  Well, that wasn't quite the case when he came to my house.  He asked so many questions, I could barely keep up.  I enjoy little ones asking me questions, I made sure I answered each one too.  When it was time to leave, I gave his mother an update on how he behaved and all the questions he asked.   She was so surprised that he talked pretty much the whole time that he was at my house.  She says, "he never talks and ask questions at home."

My thoughts:

Berween ages 2 and 3, children develop the cognitive ability to make logical connections between things--to understand why things happen. This is a critical skill that helps them gain a much more complex understanding of how the world works.. When they ask, “why?” they are showing a thirst for knowledge. They want more information. So asking “why” is critical for your child. The more she asks, “why?”, the more she learns.  Don't ignore their questions, interact with them!  At one point in life, you were their age.  Allow them the ability to learn!




No comments:

Post a Comment